Skip to main content

TikTok and Laundry

    Crystal clear turquoise waves splashed against the sale boat in my Greek Isles like scenery. The air was fresh and salty, warm and breezy.  The summery sun was pleasant without being oppressive. Contented by my surroundings, I noticed a grandfather-like figure to my left as a younger man descended down the steps from a higher level of the sailboat.  The younger man was the father of the baby that I suddenly noticed on deck. The father tended to the baby and invited me to adore his infant, before returning upstairs. 

    I was absorbed by the environment but also interested in the baby whom I tried to share some honey with, but it did not go well. The stickiness of the baby's face could not divert from paradise. Just then the father returned but the baby was gone! The old man frantically began to search the waters around the boat, he was clearly in despair of a happy ending.  He looked upon me with grave disappointment.  Somehow distracted by all of the beauty, I failed to keep my focus on what mattered most. Then I woke up from my nightmare.

    Awake I was bothered by this dream.  The Godly symbolism did not reflect well on my character. After some prayer time, I received my correction: I have gotten distracted from the moment-by-moment intimacy with the Lord. I have allowed TikTok and laundry to get in the way of my true love, God. These minuscule intrusions were not the only culprit.

    As a victorious Christian, I immediately seek God whenever a conflict or problem arises, but I have lost the art of simply trusting The Lord and knowing all things work together for the good of those who love God. Even the honey (goodness of God) can be out of place if He is doing a different work.  I do not have to always look for the right thing to do if I know The Righteous One.

    Today I have been awakened to several interferences and revived in the fight to counteract them. How is your focus? Could you benefit from making some adjustments?  

    

    

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! Such a timely post! He for sure is asking for that face to face time with Him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Protection and Nourishment

Some blame Eve for the fall while others say it was really Adam who caused sin to enter the world. The easy answer is both are to blame. God created a wonderful system of protection and nourishment and the first male and female violated His system.  Proverbs 31 says a husband trusts the worthy woman. Eve was not operating from trustworthiness when she presented Adam with the forbidden fruit. The Proverbs goes on to describe how the worthy woman feeds her family and the needy.  God created, through the woman, a sublime system of nourishment. In marital intimacy the woman "allows in" as she does when providing food for her loved ones. It was this God given purpose that the snake attacked by tempting Eve to accept what was forbidden for nourishment.   Similarly, Adam was called to protect or be a shield.  A shield "keeps from coming in" what brings destruction. The other branch of the system of nourishment and protection was broken when Adam did not serve as a shield t

What's in Your Garden?

Punxsutawney Phil seems to have rightly predicted an early spring, at least here in North Carolina.  My Pennsylvania residing kin were less fortunate. Last weekend a late snow befell them.  Growing up, my mother loved the movie, Ground Hog Day , well, really all Bill Murry humor. The actor's iconic sarcasm classically landed lines like, "This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather." My mother's delight, my upbringing's proximity to the town of Punxsutawney, and the fact that the main female character shared my name (a rarity) might be some of the reasons the movie was a family staple. If you have never seen it, you should.  We all know the silly tradition of the beaver, but the movie is about a cynical reporter, also named Phil, who got stuck repeating the day over and over again, much like a reoccurring nightmare.  Phil had fun with the the cycle, tried to escape it, and finally decided

Poetry and Pain

Anne Shirley and Miss Elizabeth Bennett preoccupied my mind as a teen. I assumed all young ladies were similar and had those expectations of my step-daughter. Welp. . . she has been more of a math gal, that is, until Shakespeare sparked her enthusiasm during a school assignment. Turns out she is not much for full works of literature but can appreciate poetry.  With this in mind, at the beginning of the year, I made the resolution to read poetry aloud (specifically with my teen). It just so happened that Taylor Blayse was my guest blogger last week. Taylor's upcoming book is one of poetry. This made me conscience of March's impending approach. Despite my daughter's interest and my goal, we have yet to read poetry together in 2024. Fortunately, there is always tomorrow! While all of this was top of mind, I found myself at the book of Job in my normal studies. The last time I read Job, the resounding message was "Humanity is in need of an Advocate." This time around,